Saturday, 18 December 2010
It is easier to get away with bad drawing and good writing than vice versa. Indeed cartoons like Dilbert are drawn very simply or the webcomic xkcd uses just stick people. It's tempting to say (like some modern art) my nearly-four year old could draw that without realising there is a skill in saying more than less and I often have to resist making my work too arty. No rather than Drawing I would be better working on my English. So I'm covering up my questionable drawing with lots of English to make up for it.
* I write this with the words of one of my English teachers ringing in my ears pulling me up for using the word posh. I received a lecture on the origins of this phrase from cruise liners apparently it stands for Port Out, Starboard Home which the upper classes preferred as that was where the shade was as the sailed to India. My English teachers used to like my creativity but dispair at my speling and grandma.
- ► 2017 (20)
- ► 2016 (27)
- ► 2015 (79)
- ► 2014 (42)
- ► 2013 (48)
- ► 2012 (66)
- ► 2011 (126)
- Inception - The Prequel
- Perils of Polar Bear Adoption
- Merry Christmas (Advent 25)
- IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE (Advent 24)
- On The Thirteenth Day Of Christmas (Advent 23)
- The Frozen Turkeys Last Stand (Advent 22)
- Flight To Egypt (Advent 21)
- Secret Santa (Advent 20)
- Choral Singing (Advent 19)
- My Kids A Christmas Star (Advent 18)
- Baby Jesus And His Presents (Advent 17)
- The Social Stigma of the Artifical Tree (Advent 16...
- Happy Life Day! (Advent 15)
- When Santa Got Stuck In Scotland (Advent 14)
- Lord Of The Rings Christmas Special (Advent 13)
- Shepards Late Night Shopping (Advent 12)
- Rudolph Should have read his Job Contract (Advent ...
- Penguin Facebook (Advent 10)
- Gloria Angel Chorus (Advent 9)
- The Worst Childhood Ever (Advent 8)
- Poor Mrs Claus (Advent 7)
- Empire Strikes Back Alternative Beginning (Advent ...
- A Wi-Fi in a Manger (Advent 5)
- Glasgwegian Snowman (Advent 4)
- Santa vs Junior Apprentice (Advent 3)
- Three Wise Men v Three Wise Women (Advent 2)
- ▼ December (26)