Twelve Days Of Christmas. Radio Fours Thought For The Day was talking about how useless the various gifts were today but that we should buy something impractical (like four calling birds - I don't have need for a single calling bird never mind four) to show someone how extravagantly you love them. That strategy is a high risk one that is more likely to result in a trip to a Customer Services department as shown above.
I think I ought to like BBC's Thought For The Day being interested in religion, Christianity, philosophy etc but it really irks me instead. Mainly because whatever they are trying to put across, usually by relating it to some modern trend or event very rarely surprises or makes you think at all. So my usual reaction (and I'm probably not alone in this) is to wish they'd simply get to their point so we can get onto listening to something interesting instead.
Two more days of advent challenge to go and then after taking a festive break I'll have to find something else to draw.
- ► 2016 (27)
- ► 2015 (79)
- ► 2014 (42)
- ► 2013 (48)
- ► 2012 (66)
- ► 2011 (126)
- Inception - The Prequel
- Perils of Polar Bear Adoption
- Merry Christmas (Advent 25)
- IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE (Advent 24)
- On The Thirteenth Day Of Christmas (Advent 23)
- The Frozen Turkeys Last Stand (Advent 22)
- Flight To Egypt (Advent 21)
- Secret Santa (Advent 20)
- Choral Singing (Advent 19)
- My Kids A Christmas Star (Advent 18)
- Baby Jesus And His Presents (Advent 17)
- The Social Stigma of the Artifical Tree (Advent 16...
- Happy Life Day! (Advent 15)
- When Santa Got Stuck In Scotland (Advent 14)
- Lord Of The Rings Christmas Special (Advent 13)
- Shepards Late Night Shopping (Advent 12)
- Rudolph Should have read his Job Contract (Advent ...
- Penguin Facebook (Advent 10)
- Gloria Angel Chorus (Advent 9)
- The Worst Childhood Ever (Advent 8)
- Poor Mrs Claus (Advent 7)
- Empire Strikes Back Alternative Beginning (Advent ...
- A Wi-Fi in a Manger (Advent 5)
- Glasgwegian Snowman (Advent 4)
- Santa vs Junior Apprentice (Advent 3)
- Three Wise Men v Three Wise Women (Advent 2)
- ▼ December (26)