Tuesday, 6 December 2011
If you don't get this read on...
You have 80 miles to travel from Nazareth to Bethlehem, your wife is heavily pregnant so she can't walk it, you can probably afford an animal to take with you - so why would you select a Little Donkey.
There I've explained todays advent cartoon for you - the only other clue I could have given would be to sing the lyrics of Eric Boswell's song 'Little Donkey, Little Donkey on the dusty road. Got to keep on plodding onward with your precious load...'
Eric Boswell died in 2009 and was remembered for this catchy song which was all in one octave and easy to sing for children but perhaps overshadowed all his other work (see BBC obituary).
I just can't help thinking that he's not doing Joseph any favours in saying that he couldn't pick a suitable animal for his wife, and anyway there isn't an mention in the Bible that there even was a donkey (if you don't believe me see bibledonkey.com's discussion of every donkey reference in scripture) although it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
- ► 2016 (27)
- ► 2015 (79)
- ► 2014 (42)
- ► 2013 (48)
- ► 2012 (66)
- New Years Resolutions
- 2011 in review
- One Years Manufacturer's Warranty
- It's Christmas Eve Again (Advent 24)
- No Turkey Left Behind (Advent 23)
- Santa's IT Woes (Advent 22)
- Norad vs Santa (Advent 21)
- Secret Santa Rerun (Advent 20)
- Michael Bauble (Advent 19)
- Super-Saver Christmas (Advent 18)
- The First Nativity (Advent 17)
- Social Stigma of the Artifical Tree - Rerun (Adven...
- Revenge of the John Lewis kid (Advent 15)
- Christmas Organisers (Advent 14)
- Frozen Planet Christmas Special (Advent 13)
- Barnyard Birthday (Advent 12)
- Snowman Clowns (Advent 11)
- Pooh's Blustery Day Warning (Advent 10)
- Twinkle - Twitter For Stars (Advent 9)
- Empire Strikes Back Re-released (Advent 8)
- Little Donkey (Advent 7)
- Abominable Snowmum (Advent 6)
- South Pole Santa (Advent 5)
- Moo They Know It's Christmas (Advent 4)
- National Elf Service (advent 3)
- Alternative Advent Calendar (Advent 2)
- ▼ December (26)