Tuesday, 30 November 2010
As a special treat I have worked out all the lyrics to the Good King Wenceles Car Clearing Carol
Good King Wenceslas last went out
On the feast of Stephen
When the snow lay on his car
Deep and crisp and even
Bravely scrapped with all his might
Though the frost was cruel
When his door was frozen tight
Didn't know what to do-ooo-ooo
"Hither, wife, and stand by me
If thou know'st it, telling
Yonder market, where is it?
Where and what its selling?"
"Sainsburys* lies a good league hence
Almost one days marches**
Right behind the Marks and Spence**
By McDonalds arches."
"Bring me flesh and bring me wine
Bring me Pringles hither
Thou and I will surely dine
Else we'll get much thinner."
Queen and monarch forth they trudged
Forth they went together
Through the wild slushy sludge
And the bitter weather
In her master's steps she trod
Where the snow lay dented
Unhappy at the very sod
Who shopping had prevented
Therefore, Christmas men, be sure
Ye who now defrost the door
Shall yourselves find blessing
* For non-UK residents substitute your favourite supermarket/department store
** Yes that is pretty forced rhyming
For those interested in the original lyrics Google 'King Wenceslas lyrics' or try this link which discusses whether it is a proper carol and whether is belongs in Christmas, Boxing Day (Feast of Stephen) or Spring.
Today is the start of advent - check back for some old and new Christmas cartoons!
- ► 2017 (28)
- ► 2016 (27)
- ► 2015 (79)
- ► 2014 (42)
- ► 2013 (48)
- ► 2012 (66)
- ► 2011 (126)
- Good King Wenceslas Car Clearing Carol (Advent 1)
- Snow White The Handsome Prince and the Seven Dwarf...
- For the next 6 months every new story has to menti...
- Thanksgiving - How it really happened
- Before he was famous R2-D2 worked as a meeting roo...
- Cinderella (Happily Ever After)
- Call of Duty Post Ops
- Bonfire Night: A Counter-Terrorism Celebration
- The Tea Party: us vs US
- ▼ November (9)