weekend's compedition excitement I come back to a cartoon I was working on pre-tsunami.
Lent is about preparing the Christian for the Easter Holy Week and it's length of forty day mirrors the forty days in the desert where Jesus was tempted. The emphasis these days seems to be on giving something up but traditionally it included prayer, fasting, repentance, alms giving (charity) as well as self-denial.
If Lent becomes just some sort of Holy Diet plan then like any form of dieting the thoughts will be on what is being given up rather than what good thing you are trying to achieve.
I salute those in the middle of Lent keep it up and focus not just on what you're giving up but on all the other good.
- ► 2017 (20)
- ► 2016 (27)
- ► 2015 (79)
- ► 2014 (42)
- ► 2013 (48)
- ► 2012 (66)
- Death Star and Kids Don't Mix
- Crash, Bang, Clatter of tiny feet
- The Temptation of Crisps
- Look Rules Are Meant To Be Broken Aren't They
- General Hospital
- Man Flu Helpline
- Sendai: Six Degrees of Seperation
- Bed Shopping For Parents
- Shrove Tuesday
- Tangled Up In Loo
- The Six Stages of Parental Sleep Deprivation (PSD)...
- IPad 2 and the Commandments
- Meerkats and Insurance Equality
- ▼ March (13)