Thursday, 16 December 2010
How does this cartoon make you feel? For any normal human child this is simply a piece of observation that may raise a wry smile, but this is no normal child. It's ok to depict the Shepards and the wise men as cartoons but just look at the typical art of Jesus and his mother (google images of Madonna and Child) and you'll see that previous art tends to portray the divine perfect nature of the pair. Cartooning tends to want to find humour in situations and relate them to modern times and temperaments.
Is the story of Christmas about a perfect child who in the carol Away In A Manger "No Crying He Made" or was he a real kid with a real sense of fun? The incarnation is a mystery Jesus is both human and divine, the Baby of Christmas, the Man of Easter and the Son of God. What do you think?
- ► 2017 (28)
- ► 2016 (27)
- ► 2015 (79)
- ► 2014 (42)
- ► 2013 (48)
- ► 2012 (66)
- ► 2011 (126)
- Inception - The Prequel
- Perils of Polar Bear Adoption
- Merry Christmas (Advent 25)
- IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE (Advent 24)
- On The Thirteenth Day Of Christmas (Advent 23)
- The Frozen Turkeys Last Stand (Advent 22)
- Flight To Egypt (Advent 21)
- Secret Santa (Advent 20)
- Choral Singing (Advent 19)
- My Kids A Christmas Star (Advent 18)
- Baby Jesus And His Presents (Advent 17)
- The Social Stigma of the Artifical Tree (Advent 16...
- Happy Life Day! (Advent 15)
- When Santa Got Stuck In Scotland (Advent 14)
- Lord Of The Rings Christmas Special (Advent 13)
- Shepards Late Night Shopping (Advent 12)
- Rudolph Should have read his Job Contract (Advent ...
- Penguin Facebook (Advent 10)
- Gloria Angel Chorus (Advent 9)
- The Worst Childhood Ever (Advent 8)
- Poor Mrs Claus (Advent 7)
- Empire Strikes Back Alternative Beginning (Advent ...
- A Wi-Fi in a Manger (Advent 5)
- Glasgwegian Snowman (Advent 4)
- Santa vs Junior Apprentice (Advent 3)
- Three Wise Men v Three Wise Women (Advent 2)
- ▼ December (26)